Good To Know
NOTE: BLUEWATER FERRY service between SOMBRA, Ontario and MARINE CITY, Michigan is CLOSED! Cyclists, pedestrians, and motor vehicles can cross into the USA via The Walpole Island Ferry. The ferry is at Location: 1662 River Road, Wallaceburg N8A 4K9 or the Bluewater Bridges in Sarnia.
Winter Trail Closure: Under Township By-Law 45, the Trial is closed annually from November 30th to the following April 15th during which time no maintenance will be provided.
2019 Trail Maintenance
- The section of trail north of Victoria Street in Mooretown was replaced
- 170 m of river bank repair was done just north of Bickford Line
- New pavement with paved shoulders on both sides of the St. Clair Parkway from White Line to Bentpath Line
2018 Trail Maintenance: A new 1.7 km layer of asphalt was laid to the trail from Stanley Line toward Bickford Line as well as 1.3 km of paved shoulder during a road reconstruction project between Smith Line and Holt Line. In addition, a section of collapsed riverside trail south of Oil Springs Line was relocated to a paved shoulder of the road. Other trail maintenance includes periodic condition inspection, sweeping, cold patching and weed removal.
Trail Extension: The trail was expanded inland along Emily Street in Mooretown to provide cyclists and pedestrians with a safe route to the Moore Campground, Sports Complex and Municipal Office.
Park Bench Refresh: Modern, locally made, river-blue aluminum benches continue to replace the old wooden/cement benches helping to beautify our series of riverside parks.
Trail Promotion: Several efforts continue to attract new attract new users including:
- Development of a professionally produced drone-assisted video on our website and Facebook page
- Encouraging local businesses to apply for ‘Bike-Friendly’ designation from Ontario By Bike
- Continued support of charitable events taking place on the Trail
- Partnering with Tourism Sarnia Lambton to promote the Trail across Ontario and beyond
- Continuing to improve our website and encouraging residents to submit photographs
- Continuing to improve our Facebook page to improve communication among trail users
- Developing partnerships with other local organizations to promote our riverside parks
The St.Clair River Trail Committee is happy to accept a generous donation from Enbridge that will go toward the Trail Bench Project! Thank you again!