NOTE: BLUEWATER FERRY service between SOMBRA, Ontario and MARINE CITY, Michigan is CLOSED! Cyclists, pedestrians, and motor vehicles can cross into the USA via The Walpole Island Ferry. The ferry is at Location: 1662 River Road, Wallaceburg N8A 4K9
2018 Trail Updates:
St. Clair River Trail Winter Closure – The trail will be closed annually from November 30 to April 15. No winter maintenance will be completed during this period under By-Law 45 of 2018.
October – Stanley Line north towards Bickford Line: Repairs and a new layer of asphalt to 1,700 meters of trail. This is a unique portion of off-road trail enjoyed by both cyclists and walkers.
July – Smith Line and Holt Line: 1,300 meters of trail (East side paved shoulder) was re-asphalted during a road reconstruction project. This provides cyclists with both an off-road and on-road option.
May – South of Oil Springs Line: Re-locate area of collapsed trail to the shoulder of the road
May – South of Oil Springs Line: Re-asphalt section of gravel surface
Other upgrades include trail sweeping (2-3 times), condition inspection and rating, cold patching, weed removal, etc.
2018 Park Bench Refresh
Modern, locally made, river-blue aluminum benches are replacing the wooden/cement benches have reached their lifespan. The upgraded benches look beautiful in the parks.
2018 – Trail Promotion
- Continue encouraging local businesses to apply for ‘Bicycle-Friendly’ Designation from Ontario By Bike
- Continue to support charitable events taking place on the St. Clair River Trail
- Partner with Tourism Sarnia Lambton to promote the trail across Ontario and beyond
- Continue to improve website and encourage residents to add photographs
- Develop a Facebook page to improve communication between trail users
- Develop partnerships with organizations to enhance the ribbon of parks along the St. Clair Parkway
2017 – Here we grow again!
Mooretown: The trail now extends inland on Emily Street. Cyclists and walkers enjoy using this trail extension to safely make their way to the Moore Campground, Museum, Sports Complex, and Municipal Office.